Traverse Associates, (We) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. You can visit www.traverseassociates.org (our site) freely without having to register or subscribe for services.
Details of who we are can be found here. For the purpose of the GDPR, the data controller is Traverse Associates Limited of Vale House, Aston Lane North, Preston Brook, Cheshire, WA7 3PE.
Personal data you give us may include your name, address, email address and telephone number; financial information, personal description and photograph. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide to us when you:
- make an enquiry (including about any of our services and/or products) or complete a form on our website
- register to use our site
- correspond with us during the course of our dealings with you or on behalf of a client
- respond to a job vacancy and/or email a CV to us
- report a problem with our site
We may use this personal data to
- provide you with the information, services and/or products that you request from us
- notify you about changes to our services, products, events and/or webinars
- pursue our legitimate interests (e.g. providing you with information about other services, products, events and/or webinars we offer, and maintaining records of potential suppliers)
- comply with a legal obligation (e.g. verifying your identity for the purposes of processing a job application, or paying you if you are a supplier)
- pursue other legitimate interests and/or comply with other legal obligations (e.g. looking into, and responding to, complaints, legal matters or any other issues (e.g. problems you have reported with our site)
We may collect:
- publicly available information about you or your business (including through electronic data sources)
- personal data about you from third parties (e.g. our clients or other professional advisers, business partners, networking groups, events, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, and credit reference agents)
- information on whether you open and/or click on URLs in our newsletters
We will use this personal data to:
- pursue our legitimate interests, such as:
– to improve our services and/or products
– contacting you in the course of providing services and/or products to a client
– dealing with your enquiries, requests and/or responding to a complaint
– providing you with information about our services or products
– for internal compliance and security purposes
– for direct marketing purposes
- comply with our legal responsibilities and obligations
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following personal data:
- technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to facilitate your connection to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, and hardware information; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); services, products, articles or events you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call us.
We will use this personal data to:
- maintain our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- keep our site safe and secure
- measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you
- make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about services or products
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our site.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences.
You can enable or disable cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. You can find out how to do this, and find more information on cookies, at www.allaboutcookies.org.
We will share your personal data with:
- our employees, contractors and agents but their use shall be limited to the performance of their duties and in line with the reason for processing
We may also share your personal data with selected third parties in the following instances:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them
- to maintain, develop and/or host our site
- with analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site, services or products
- where we carry out marketing or surveys to gain feedback and improve our services
- if we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about you, our suppliers, contacts etc will be one of the transferred assets
- in connection with any legal proceedings (including prospective legal proceedings)
- where we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Traverse Associates, our clients, suppliers, contacts or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction
The personal data that we collect from you is not transferred to, or stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area.
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- to access your personal data
- to ask us to rectify, erase, block or destroy inaccurate or incomplete personal data
- to object to us processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes
- to object to us processing your personal data in certain instances if such processing is causing you unwarranted and substantial damage or distress
- and to seek compensation from us for any damages caused to you by us breaching the Act
Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the personal data we hold about you.
Direct marketing: In relation to direct marketing, we will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at email@example.com or Vale House, Aston Lane North, Preston Brook, Cheshire, WA7 3PE. Furthermore, if you are on our mailing list for periodic email updates including about our services, products, events and/or webinars, and no longer want to receive such information, you can also contact us on the above details. We will honour your choice and refrain from sending you such direct marketing and email updates. Please note that it may take us up to 28 days to remove you from our mailing list. You are free to change your choice at any time.
Other rights: If you would like to exercise any of the other rights you have or have any other data protection related issues or queries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Vale House, Aston Lane North, Preston Brook, Cheshire, WA7 3PE. To update or delete your personal data or correct an inaccuracy, we may ask you to verify your identity before we make any changes to the information we hold about you. Please cooperate with us in our efforts to verify your identity. Please note that we may need certain personal data to enable us to provide you with the services, products and/or information you ask for, so changes you make to your preferences, or restrictions you ask us to make on how we use your personal data, may affect what services and information we can provide to you.
All personal data you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Any changes we may make to this policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by email. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this policy. This policy was last updated in [May 2017].
If you have any questions regarding this policy or believe we have breached a privacy law, please contact us email@example.com or Vale House, Aston Lane North, Preston Brook, Cheshire, WA7 3PE or Vale House, Aston Lane North, Preston Brook, Cheshire, WA7 3PE. You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you believe we have not handled your request in an appropriate manner. For information on contacting the ICO please see their website.